Collin is officially moving up in the world! .. He has not been considered critical for awhile now..and he is doing well enough to move out of his single room (#512) ..Another step closer to the door :) He will now have a roomate a little girl! Feedings are going very well, he's tried bottle multiple times and breastfeeding twice..he's getting pretty good at it, he just tires easily and falls asleep half way through the feeding. If he doesnt finish his bottle they send it through his feeding tube. He is currently eating 38mls 8 x's a day with the added calories now 28! I, (Mommy) was getting upset over milk production because Collins mls keep going up, and I make only about half of what he eats, and they have to defrost milk to make up the difference. I was worried that the frozen is going to run out soon, and that he would not have enough milk... BUT nurse maeghan brought out all of his frozen to show me, and it made me feel a whole lot better :) She let me know its very common for Nicu moms to make very little amounts of milk because of the stress and using a pump instead of breastfeeding can make supply dwindle. She said I have been doing amazing, and its awesome that Collin has had nothing but breast milk for 8 whole weeks :) Here are some pics from today:



I am SO happy to hear this wonderful news! Shanoah, you're doing an AWESOME job supplying Collin with breast milk! You should be so proud! I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to meet little Collin soon. <3
ReplyDeleteNoni, I think you are doing an amazing job with all your pumping. I am so proud of the mother you are already. Collin is a very lucky boy! I love these updates, they are all answers to prayer! so proud of how strong & the fighter that Collin is and it's all because you & Jason are showing him consistent unconditional love & God is healing him! Keep up the good work! Love you guys so much~ xoxo
ReplyDelete