Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 9th

On February 9th, we celebrated the day Collin was originally due to arrive!  As we all know..Collin had other plans and decided to come into this world early, 100 days early to be exact!  

It was a day full of mixed emotions such as Mommy still struggling with the loss of a normal pregnancy and wishing that Collin didn't have to go through everything that he has.. But it was a very happy day, a celebration of his "Un-birthday" (as nurse Melissa put it!)

We are just so happy and blessed to have made it this far and to have been able to watch Collin grow into a much healthier and happier 8.5 lb chubby cutie :)   He was given a celebratory crown for his 100th day celebration..made so beautifully by some of our favorites on the Nicu staff..Melody, Meghan and Terri :)

1 comment:

  1. I love his chubby cheeks! If memory serves me right, our Pierce was also 8.5 lbs at his due date. He is now 18lbs at 10 months!! So Collin is probably going to be a BIG boy :)

    Hang in there. The grief over the loss of a normal pregnancy will start to heal...but it definitely takes time. I find that I still struggle with those feelings from time to time. I think having Pierce home really helped with that and I know once Collin is home, you'll start to feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete