Collin was taken off caffeine on Friday, but yesterday and today he has had multiple breathing spells, and drops in heart rate. They started him back on the Caffeine, and he has been doing better since. He has been working really hard lately to eat his bottles, and he has been wiping himself out. He probably just needs a little more time to develop the whole 'remembering to breathe thing'!
An eye exam was done today, he is still looking stable in development and they will check back again in a week or two...
Collin weighed in at 5 lb 14 oz today and was upped again on feedings to 45 ml's. His frozen stock is running out quick, because thats equivalent to about 12 oz a day.. I will keep going as long as I can, but he will have to get supplemented with formula to make up the difference. He is such a hungry boy, and since he doesn't actively breast feed, plus stress of things and going back to work etc etc.. supply has been dwindling over the passed few weeks. All of the nurses and lactation consultants have been supportive and let me know that a lot of NICU moms give up very fast or don't try at all to pump.. and the fact that he's had nothing but breast milk for over 2 months is amazing!
We also have started working on getting Collin's nursery ready.. this last month or so until he can come home will probably sneak up on us :)
Collin has also been pretty happy during waking times, and he smiles a lot!! His Grammy took this picture of him laughing at mommy :) :)

The nurse's are absolutely correct on supporting you Noah, you have done such an amazing job with all the pumping. Collin is as blessed to have you as a mom as you are to have him. You should be very proud of yourself! I am very proud of you! Give baby boy a kiss from me, I will be up soon to see him. I love you guys, Mom/Grammy
ReplyDeleteOh no, he has our sense of humor! Silly baby! I love his smile, I just love him! Shanoah you are a precious mommy!!!!!! Hes a lucky little boy to have you for a mom. God bless you guys! I love you!
ReplyDelete