With 3 more weeks until "full term" ..Collin is weighing in at 7lbs 1 oz and he is just over 19 inches long! We have fully come to the conclusion that this baby would have been MASSIVE :) He is still doing great on the new cannula with only 50mls of pressure. He's holding his own keeping his oxygen up over 90% most of the time with less and less events lately. He did get his feeding tube back in because he was way too tired to eat a few times after his eye exam. But overall he's been eating great, the last three days he was 90%, 100%, then 80% yesterday after the eye exam.. so not bad at all :) His weight gain has been steady so they've dropped his calories back down to only 24, but his volume of milk and formula went up to 60mls (2 oz) every 8 hours. Right now he's getting every other bottle formula, then milk, until supply runs out. It was very emotional for me to let go of pumping, but i've officially quit. I truly wish we could have gone longer.. but it was way too hard for Collin to breast feed. Bottles let the milk out much faster and its easier for him. On Tuesday he was 11 weeks old and I breast fed him for one of first successful times, but knew it was time to let go. My supply was pitiful :( pumping constantly and getting only 2 oz for the whole day!! I would never have been able to catch back up to that hungry boy unfortunately..BUT the great news is he doesn't seem to care.. he chugs the formula and has no issues digesting :) Collin is SO big he is officially in newborn sized clothes..bye bye preemie baby!! He truly looks awesome and fat! hehehe
He's such a beautiful baby boy, I couldn't love him more if I tried! I am sure "letting go" of the hope of nursing was and is hard, but you hvae done so well, you have given Collin such a great start & did it way long than most people would under the circumstances. I am so proud of you! Brings tears of joy to my eyes to be the mother of such a great mother. I love you Noah, keep doing what comes natural, loving your little boy...you're great at it! <3 Mom xo
ReplyDeleteYou've done great. I completely understand feeling emotional. I'm so excited about Collin's amazing progress! Wonderful job Mommy! <3
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you for the job you've done. Pumping is hard and very stressful under these circumstances. Better to let go and focus your energy on the other stuff. Collin is looking so wonderful. Can't believe how huge he is! Way to go, Collin!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear he's doing so well. And what a chunker! Sounds like our Pierce- he was around 8 1/2lbs at discharge and is now up to 17 at 9 months (5 adjusted). Go Collin!
ReplyDeleteLindsay-
DeleteThank you so much for continuing to read our blog :) You obviously know how crazy the NICU life can be, so I am sorry to say that it took me until now to actually get over to your blog..but I am happy to report I am all caught up on Pierce's amazing story!! (its now past 1 a.m I was reading for quite awhile!!) Wow! You and Nik have been through SO much, and pierce is just plain amazing. (AND ADORABLE!!!) There are so many similarities to Collin's story, its nice to know there are others out there that can relate! As much as Collin has been through, I can't believe how much smaller he was and the other challenges Pierce has had with the multiple surgeries.. What a strong little man!! God has surely blessed your family..and i will continue to follow your story! So great to hear your 9 month check up went well..I will pray for Pierces continued growth and healing! And i look forward very much to Pierces 1st Birthday!!!!