Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Feeding

I was able to give Collin his first feeding tonight!!  Even though it was through his feeding tube it was awesome!  It makes me feel good to be able to give him some colostrum (milk)..it's one of the only ways I can help him right now.  They are going to feed him a tiny amount (one ML) every 3 hours... totaling a whopping 8ml's a day.  Yay for hungry baby :)  This doesn't really give him nutritional value..it is more just a way to get his digestion tract started.  Its very common for micro-preemies to have issues with digestion, so we hope this goes well.  He is getting all the nutrients he needs from a special fluid made for him sent by IV.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! So glad you got to "feed" him....hoping today for your birthday you are able to hold him....but I know, baby steps! I love you Noah & Jason....you both are doing such a great job and Collin is as blessed to have both of you as you are to have him! xo

    ReplyDelete